2020 FLAD / AiR 351 Grants
Deadline: January 20, 2020
AiR 351 is proud to announce an open call for 2 grants entirely supported by the Luso-American Development Foundation (FLAD) for residencies at AiR 351. These grants are targeted for US based/American artists and cover a period of 4 months starting any time from March 2020 on (exact dates to be settled between AiR 351 and applicant).
United States based artists at any stage of practice are invited to apply. Exception: current or past residents at AiR 351.
AiR 351 is an independent international visual arts residency program located in Cascais, Lisbon region (Portugal). Its team works closely with each resident on a supportive environment, prodiving curatorial and technical assistance on a daily basis. Through institutional partnerships, AiR 351´s activities encompass a variety of contexts such as museums, art collections and art schools.
The program includes access to an individual studio and to communal spaces at AiR 351´s headquarters. AiR 351 will involve the 2020 FLAD / AiR 351 Grant recipients in its general activities program: integration in the local artistic community, technical and curatorial assistance, possibility of working within AiR 351 partners network (namely art schools workshops), studio visits, open studios and public presentations, when possible.
AiR 351 will do its best efforts to help the recipients finding suitable accommodation.
FLAD / AiR 351 Grant offers a monthly allowance of 1150 euros for a total period of 4 months. That amount should cover living expenses including accommodation, travel expenses and health and/or accident insurance during the grant´s timeframe. Grant recipients are exempt from paying residency fees to AiR 351, once these are supported by FLAD.
All applications should be written in English and must include on the same file (1 document only):
– Personal information (including contacts)
– Letter of motivation including a brief description of current practice, statement of intent and goal of the residency (500 words max.);
– Curriculum Vitae;
– Portfolio (max. 10MB total)
– Optional: letters of recommendation (3 max.)
Applications must be submitted via email to the following email address referring to the FLAD / AiR 351 Grant open call:
Please keep in mind:
– Letters of recommendation should be written in English;
– Only digital material is accepted;
– Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English;
– Candidates should not be enrolled in another residency during the same period;
– Candidates are responsible for their VISA application and should contemplate at least 30 days for that process prior to departure from the US.
First, there is a pre-selection by AiR 351 international Selection Committee. Then, the final decision is a joint responsibility of FLAD and AiR 351.
Application deadline: January 20, 2020.
The result will be announced to the recipients during February 2020.
For further information about AiR 351 project please visit www.air351.art. Inquiries about these Grants should be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: FLAD / AIR 351 Grant.